No.4 on the Bund is the former British Mercantile Bank, designed by Palmer & Turner, completed in 1916, which was the first steel frame structure building in Shanghai. The doors and facades of the building are decorated with Baroque curves and eaves. At the northeast corner of the building's top stands a Baroque pavilion. Currently the building is occupied by a company of Singapore.
Public Transportation: Metro Line 2, 10; Bus No.: 20, 22, 37, 55, 65, 42, 126, 123, 135, 145, 251, 401, 910, 928