No.27 on the Bund is the Foreign Trade Building, formerly the Jardine Matheson Building, completed in 1926. This is a building of British Renaissance style, with a classical tripartite facade. The first and second storeys were faced with rough stones, and ornamented with Romanesque arched doors and long steel windows. The third, the fourth and the fifth storeys were granite-faced, with Corinthian columns penetrating through in the center. The roof, the cornice and the parapets were steady and majestic. This building was taken over by the municipal housing authority in 1955. Now it is occupied by The House Of Roosevelt.
Public Transportation: Metro Line 2, 10; Bus No.: 20, 22, 37, 55, 65, 42, 126, 123, 135, 145, 251, 401, 910, 928