Holy Trinity Church

  Shengsanyitang Church (Holy Trinity Church) was originally built in 1847, which was subsequently renovated in 1869. It was popularly known as the "Red Mass Hall" for its red brick walls. A gothic cone-shaped bell tower containing an octave bell was built in the north of the church in 1893, and the church became a landmark in the foreigners' settlement for its impressive steeple. At the time, it was the most splendid Christian church in Shanghai and was widely known in the Far East. [This church is not open currently.]

Address: At the intersection of Central Jiangxi Road and Jiujiang Road

Public Transportation: Metro Line 2, 10; Bus No.: 17, 20, 64, 66, 167

Home - See Shanghai through beautiful pictures
Previous Back to Index Next