Zhabeitang Christian Church was initially the Hongkou Presbytery situated in Hongkou District, which was founded in 1888. In 1916, a new building of the church was constructed on Baotong Road in Zhabei District, which was renamed China Zhabei Christian Church in 1927.
On January 28, 1932, it was destroyed by the Japanese aggressors' fire. In 1936, the church was reconstructed, but on August 13, 1937, the church was destroyed by Japanese artillery again. The church was rebuilt once again in 1947.
In 1958, Christians of various denominational divisions in Zhabei District united, the regional 16 Christian churches merged into Zhabeitang Church. During the Cultural Revolution period, Zhabeitang Church was severely damaged, religious activities were disrupted, the church was once occupied by a factory. Zhabeitang Church was took back by the ecclesia and was renovated in 1981, religious activities were resumed in July 1982. In October 1987, an additional chapel and an office building were built.
Address: No.340, Baotong Road
Public Transportation: Metro Line 3, 4; Bus No.: 65, 66, 78, 502, 862, 928