Shanghai Art Museum is located in the former clubhouse building of Shanghai Racing Club, which is an architecture of British neoclassical style built in 1933. The Art Museum covers an area of 17,326 square meters, including 12 exhibition halls.
On August 28, 1951, Shanghai Military Control Council took over the Racing Club, and Shanghai People's Government rebuilt the space of Racing Club into the People's Park and People's Square. On May 31, 1954, the former clubhouse building was occupied by Shanghai Library. In 1997, Shanghai Library migrated to its current address on Central Huaihai Road, later, in 2000, Shanghai Art Museum moved into this building from 200 meters westwards its original address (in a house of two storeys located at the intersection of West Nanjing Road and Chengdu Road). Now, Shanghai Art Museum has a collection of more than ten thousand precious works of art from the country and the world.
Address: No.325, West Nanjing Road
Public Transportation: Metro Line 1, 2, 8; Bus No.: 18, 20, 21, 37, 926