Shanghai International Studies University was founded in December 1949, which was known as the Russian School at the time. In June 1956, the school's name was changed to Shanghai Foreign Languages College. In 1994, the college adopted the name "Shanghai International Studies University". The University teaches about 20 foreign languages, including: English, Russian, German, French, Spanish, Arabic, Japanese, Persian, Korean, Thai, Portuguese, Greek, Italian, Swedish, Dutch, Vietnamese, Bahasa Indonesia, Hebrew, Ukrainian, and Turkish. The University now has two campuses: Hongkou campus and Songjiang campus. Hongkou campus is located in the center of Shanghai(550, West Dalian Road), covering 42 acres, which is the base for nurturing postgraduates of high grades, foreign students and other students. Songjiang campus is in Shanghai Songjiang University Town(1550, Wenxiang Road), covering an area of 143 acres, which is the training base for undergraduates and postgraduates of lower grades.
Address: No.550, West Dalian Road
Public Transportation: Metro Line 3, 8; Bus No.: 21, 70, 79, 854, 937, 959