Shanghai Concert Hall was built in 1930, which was designed by Chinese architect Fan Wenzhao. The traditional European architectural style of this building is rare in Shanghai. The Hall accommodates 1,122 seats, 640 on the ground floor and 482 on the second floor. The Concert Hall was formerly known as Nanjing Drama Hall, in 1949, it adopted the name Beijing Cinema, and in 1959, it was renamed Shanghai Concert Hall till today. In order to make way for YanAn Overhead Road, at 10:00 on April 15, 2003, Shanghai Concert Hall relocation project began, the Hall was first lifted by 1.7 meters and moved east by 66.5 meters, and then lifted a further 1.7 meters and located at the current site. The project concluded on January 1, 2005, and Shanghai Concert Hall reopened on September 26, 2005.
Address: At the south of People Square
Public Transportation: Metro Line 1, 2, 8; Bus No.: 17, 18, 23, 37, 46, 48, 49, 71, 108, 109, 112, 123, 505, 506