Shanghai City God Temple (Chenghuangmiao in Chinese) was built during the Yongle period of Ming Dynasty(1403-1424), the local magistrate Zhang Shouyue converted the then Jinshan Temple on Fangbang Road into the rudimentary shape of the City God Temple as we see today.
Up to Daoguang period of Qing Dynasty (1821-1850), Shanghai City God Temple's area continued to expand, the number of temple buildings increased, the temple had a total area of about 33 thousand square meters of land during its most prosperous period.
Today's Shanghai City God Temple, including HuoGuang Hall, Jiazi Hall, CaiShen Hall, ChiHong Hall, City God Hall, Goddess Hall, Parents Hall, GuanSheng Hall and WenChang Hall, covers an area of about two thousand square meters.
Address: Middle Fangbang Road near Jiujiaochang Road
Traffic: Metro Line 10; Bus No.: 11, 24, 33, 55, 64, 66, 220, 801, 802, 926, 929, 934